Militants launch 115 attacks, 2 Ukrainian soldiers wounded in last day
Russia’s hybrid military forces attacked Ukrainian army positions in Donbas 115 times in the past 24 hours with two Ukrainian soldiers reported as wounded in action (WIA), according to the press service of the Anti-Terrorist Operation (ATO) Headquarters, Joinfo.com reports with reference to UNIAN.
In the Mariupol sector, the Russian occupation forces fired 122mm artillery systems on the villages of Novohryhorivka, Novomykolaivka, Lebedynske, as well as mortars on the villages of Vodiane, Novotroyitske, Shyrokyne and the towns of Mar’inka and Krasnohorivka, the ATO press service posted on Facebook. In addition, the enemy repeatedly used infantry fighting vehicles to attack the villages of Shyrokyne and Vodiane.
The invaders opened fire from heavy machine guns and small arms on Vodiane, Novotroyitske, Shyrokyne, Talakivka, and Novohryhorivka. “A sniper was active in Vodiane and Novotroyitske,” the report says.
In Luhansk sector, the enemy opened fire from 152mm artillery systems and a tank on the villages of Krymske and Troitske. They fired mortars on the villages of Katerynivka, Troyitske, Novo-Oleksandrivka and the town of Popasna. The militants also opened fire from grenade launchers, heavy machine guns and anti-tank missiles on Krymske.
“In the Donetsk sector, the invaders opened fire from a tank on the town of Avdiyivka, while 120mm and 82mm mortars, grenade launchers, and small arms were used to shell on Avdiyivka, Butivka coal mine, and the villages of Troitske, Pisky, Verkhnyotoretske, Nevelske, Opytne, Zaitseve, and Luhanske,” the headquarters said.
OSCE SMM states significant increase in artillery shelling in Donbas in past few weeks
The total number of shelling in the hostilities zone in Donbas in first three days of this week exceeded its number in the entire previous week, Principal Deputy Chief Monitor of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission (SMM) in Ukraine Alexander Hug has said, according to Interfax-Ukraine.
Available information shows that in first three days of this week the OSCE SMM recorded almost the same number of explosions caused by use of weapons banned by the Minsk agreements as in the entire previous week, Hug said at a briefing in Kyiv on Friday.
He said that the situation in Donbas remains tense and volatile and the last week showed that the trend recorded throughout the past two weeks persisted. An increase in the number of use of weapons banned by the Minsk agreements, in particular, mortars, tanks and artillery weapons, including multiple-launch rocket systems, is concerning, Hug said.
The SMM recorded an increase in the number of explosions caused by artillery fire by 250% and a twelve-fold increase in the number of explosions caused by mortar fire in the past week, in comparison to the previous week, he said. A total of 27 explosions caused by use of multiple-rocket launch systems were also recorded in the past week, while none of them were recorded the week before, he said.
Portugal recognizes the Holodomor of 1932-1933 in Ukraine as genocide
The Parliament of Portugal has adopted two resolutions on recognition of the Holodomor of 1932-1933 in Ukraine as genocide and on honoring memory of the victims,
This has been reported by the Ukrainian Embassy in Portugal on its Twitter page.
“The Parliament of Portugal has adopted two resolutions on the recognition of the Holodomor of 1932-1933 in Ukraine as genocide and honoring the memory of Holodomor victims,” reads a statement.
It is noted that MP from the Communist Party Antonio Filipe opposed the recognition of the Holodomor as genocide.
In December of 2016, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine appealed to the nations of the world to recognize Holodomor of 1932-1933 in Ukraine as a genocide of the Ukrainian people.