Head of Luhansk Regional Military and Civil Administration Heorhiy Tuka has said that all checkpoints in the Luhansk sector of the front line in the area of the Anti Terrorist Operation may be closed due to the intense militant shelling on settlements along the contact line, Joinfo.ua reports with reference to UNIAN.
In his words, they will be closed in case of further deterioration of the situation.
From 21:00 to 24:00 local time on Monday, the terrorists from time to time opened fire on Stanytsia Luhanska near the “New Bridge” and a pedestrian crossing, Luhansk Regional Military and Civil Administration’s press service said. There was no destruction or casualties, it added.
However, one Ukrainian soldier was killed and another three were wounded in an enemy attack on the villages of Novozvanivka and Kalynove earlier that day.
“At 13:10 local time, illegal armed groups fired mortars of the Ukrainian positions near the villages of Novozvanivka and Kalynove. As a result, one soldier of the 59th brigade was killed and another three were injured,” the press service reported.
It should be recalled that according to the ATO HQ information, 2 Ukrainian soldiers were killed, 10 more were wounded in action in eastern Ukraine yesterday.