Trilateral Contact Group held a meeting in Minsk. The parties did not agree to hold elections in Donbas, Joinfo.ua reports.
Darka Olifer, the press secretary of Ukraine’s ex-President Leonid Kuchma, the representative of Ukraine in the contact group, wrote on her page on Facebook. Darka also wrote about the outcome of today’s meeting.
“Following the meeting, it can be stated as follows:
- The main task of humanitarian subgroup now is to free all the prisoners, in the first place – those who are sick and injured. On December 22, at a meeting of the Trilateral Contact Group the parties will hear the special report of the humanitarian subgroup on this matter. Ukraine hopes for a significant progress on this issue at the meeting.
- Safety subgroup agreed to demine 12 sites.
- The political subgroup again failed to reach an agreement on key issues, in particular on the issue of elections in some districts of Donetsk and Luhansk regions. A key component of a possible consensus is a complete cessation of hostilities. This requirement is necessary to complete the work of the subgroups on economic and humanitarian issues. This condition is mandatory for defusing of mines.
- International humanitarian organizations still do not have access to the uncontrolled by Ukraine regions of Donetsk and Luhansk regions. Ukraine insists that this access needs to be provided: The International Committee of the Red Cross must receive an access to the Ukrainian hostages, who remain in the territory of certain districts of Donetsk and Lugansk regions.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross is ready to participate in the search for missing persons in Donbas. In the nearest future, the experts will provide lists of people who are looked for by their relatives.
- The Ukrainian side pays special attention to the environmental situation that has arisen as a result of fighting in Donbas. A special international mission of experts may be invited to monitor this issue.
- The next meeting of the Trilateral Contact Group will be held with the participation of officers from the Joint Center for Monitoring and Coordination of the parties,”- wrote Darka Olifer.