The cell’s head, who was not named, confessed that he raised funds and provided logistical support for the group, responsible for terrorist attacks in Lebanon and France last week, the minister said, Joinfo.ua reports with the reference to Al Arabiya.net.
He worked for ISIS in Kuwait and arranged arms deals on FN6 portable air defense systems from Ukraine, which were shipped to ISIS in Syria through Turkey. Besides the Lebanese mastermind, authorities arrested three Syrians, an Egyptian and a Kuwaiti and said four others were outside Kuwait — two Syrians and two Australians of Lebanese origin.
Several suspected ISIS members and sympathizers were tried in the Gulf emirate for a suicide bombing in June claimed by the group.
A court sentenced seven men to death and jailed eight others to between two and 15 years for assisting the Saudi bomber.
An appeals court is to issue its verdict in the case on Dec. 13.
Earlier this month, the lower court sentenced five men to 10 years in jail each for raising funds for ISIS.
They were charged with raising about $1.3 million and sending it to IS, which has seized control of large parts of Syria and Iraq and carried out attacks throughout the Middle East.
Over the past year, Kuwaiti courts have issued several rulings against ISIS supporters.