Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said that Ukraine "set unrealistic conditions to start the process of withdrawal of heavy weapons under 100 mm from the south-eastern Ukraine." He said this today at a press conference in Moscow, Joinfo.ua reports with reference to the Russian media.
"Unfortunately, once again, the Ukrainian side put forward preconditions, including the requirement for complete piece and quite order which is hardly realistic," Lavrov said.
He believes that "it is the withdrawal of additional categories of weapons of 100 mm will actually help to reduce the risk of further incidents."
Lavrov said that the agreement on the withdrawal of heavy weapons under 100 mm had been reached on April 13 in Berlin at the meeting of foreign ministers in the Normandy format.
"It was supported by the Luhansk and Donetsk, and during a videoconference (of the Contact Group in Ukraine – ed.) on April 14, the proposal was considered. As I understood it, the militants were ready for it," he suggested.
"Therefore, we will make our Ukrainian colleagues execute what we agree upon," said the head of the Russian Foreign Ministry.
Meanwhile, the rebels continue to commit armed provocations on the contact line, using "withdrawn" heavy weapons.