The father of the child who was looking after his son, but distracted and missed the critical moment, rushed with him to the hospital.
According to the examination, a chopstick penetrated nearly 7.6 centimeters into the brain of the boy, but the child miraculously survived. It took the surgeons four hours to get the foreign object out of the two-year-old Huang Zicheng"s head. Fortunately, the stick did not damage any vital blood vessels and nerves.
Now Huang is on the mend.
This year, the Chinese doctors also saved an 18-month-old boy with a similar injury. A child running around with a chopstick in his mouth fell on his face. As a result, a sharp object of Chinese cutlery pierced his roof and penetrated 2.5 centimeters into the brain.