From March 1, 2017, electricity tariffs for private households increased by 2.6-30.2% depending on the volume of consumption compared with the rates being in force since September 1, 2016, Joinfo.com reports with reference to Interfax-Ukraine.
Earlier tariffs for the population were divided into three blocks, depending on the amount of consumption: up to 100 kWh per month, from 100 kWh to 600 kWh and more than 600 kWh. From March 2017 the number of blocks was reduced to two: up to 100 kWh and more than 100 kWh.
Thus, the tariff for the first block of consumption (up to 100 kWh per month) increased by 26.1%, from 71.4 kopecks to 90 kopecks per kWh.
Tariffs for the second block (over 100 kWh per month) increased by 30.2%, from 129 kopecks to 168 kopecks per kWh. The rate for those who previously consumed more than 600 kWh per month rose by 2.6%, from 163.8 kopecks to 168 kopecks per kWh (including VAT).
In addition, if earlier for people living in rural areas the first block level of consumption amounted to 150 kWh, then from March 2017 this category of households was equated to everyone else.
The self-proclaimed leader of the Moscow puppet “Donetsk People’s Republic,” Alexander Zakharchenko, has said the militants seized some 40 enterprises in the occupied territory of Donbas, Joinfo.comreports with reference to UNIAN.
“Some 40 companies are under external management,” one of the militants’ websites quoted Zakharchenko as saying. Zakharchenko also said that none of the owners of Ukrainian enterprises had contacted the “DPR.”
At the same time, Communication Director of Ukrtelecom Mikhail Shuranov reported that the company had to disable services in the occupied part of Donetsk region, since the company’s office and equipment in Donetsk had been seized. As UNIAN reported earlier, on February 27, the leaders of terrorist organizations “DPR” and “LPR” stated their demand to the official Kyiv to ensure the lifting of a trade blockade of the occupied territories before March 1, threatening to introduce “external management” at Ukrainian enterprises operating in militant-controlled areas of Donetsk and Luhansk regions. The pro-Kremlin militants have announced that they would re-orient all production processes to fit Russian markets and those of the other countries. On March 1, the self-proclaimed Donetsk and Luhansk “people’s republics” introduced the so-called external control at all Ukrainian enterprises operating in the temporarily occupied areas of Donbas as a response to the trading blockade of the militant-held territory.
Russia’s hybrid military forces attacked Ukrainian army positions in Donbas 117 times in the past 24 hours with two Ukrainian soldiers reported as killed in action (KIA) and two as wounded in action (WIA), according to the press service of the Anti-Terrorist Operation (ATO) Headquarters, Joinfo.com reports with reference to UNIAN.
In the Mariupol sector, the occupiers fired 122mm artillery systems on the village of Vodiane and mortared the villages of Hnutove, Shyrokyne, Pavlopil, and Vodiane. They also used rocket-propelled grenades, heavy machine guns and small arms firing on the town of Krasnohorivka and the villages of Talakivka, Pavlopil and Hnutove. A sniper was active near the villages of Shyrokyne and Novotroyitske. Enemy infantry fighting vehicles were used to shell the town of Mar’inka.
“In the Donetsk sector, the Russian occupation forces opened fire from tanks on Butivka coal mine, and the villages of Verkhniotoretske and Novhorodske. The militants also fired 152mm artillery systems on the villages of Luhanske and Troyitske, as well as 120mm and 82mm mortars on the town of Avdiyivka, and the villages of Pisky, Zaitseve, Troyitske, Novoluhanske, Kam’ianka, Opytne, Novotoshkivske and Luhanske. Furthermore, grenade launchers, heavy machine guns and small arms were used to fire on Avdiyivka and the villages of Zaitseve, Verkhniotoretske, Nevelske, Bohdanivka and Luhanske. Moreover, Luhanske was repeatedly attacked with infantry fighting vehicles,” the report says.
In the Luhansk sector, the enemy shelled the village of Krymske from 152mm artillery systems and fired mortar shells of various calibers on the town of Popasna and the villages of Orikhove, Novozvanivka, Novo-Oleksandrivka and Krymske. The villages of Stanytsia Luhanska and Novo-Oleksandrivka came under fire from small arms. A sniper was active near the village of Zhovte. Enemy infantry fighting vehicles and armored personnel carriers were used to fire on Novozvanivka.
The Ukrainian government approved regulations for transporting goods to and from the anti-terrorist operation (ATO) zone in Donbas at a meeting in Kyiv on Wednesday, an Interfax-Ukraine correspondent reported, Joinfo.com reports with reference to Interfax-Ukraine.
“The decision envisages the installation of checkpoints that will track transportation and compliance with the decisions that we make. The main thing is that everything approved will be allowed, and any other things will be prohibited, absolutely everything,” Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman said before making this decision.
While presenting the draft decision, Hennadiy Kuznetsov, the chief of staff of the Ukrainian Security Service’s anti-terrorist center, said that the draft document is aimed at determining legal regulations governing the transportation of goods, including those recognized as humanitarian aid, to and from the anti-terrorist operation area through the engagement line or within its limits.
The document applies to private individuals and economic entities conducting such transportation, he said.
Among the allowed products are food products, medications, and also “goods and products that ensure functioning and maintenance or are necessary in the production process in the metallurgical, mining, coal-extraction and energy industries, and critical infrastructure facilities,” Kuznetsov said.