Darka Olifer, press secretary of Ukrainian representative in the group, former Ukrainian President Leonid Kuchma, wrote on her Facebook page.
Earlier it was reported that the sitting of the Trilateral Contact Group was scheduled for February 1 at 3 p.m. local time.
The United Nations Security Council says its members are concerned about the recent escalation in Donbas, eastern Ukraine, and will address the issue at an open session on February 2 after Ukraine takes over UNSC presidency for the month, Joinfo.com reports with reference to Unian.
“The members of the Security Council expressed grave concern about the dangerous deterioration of the situation in eastern Ukraine and its severe impact on the local civilian population,” the UN Security Council said in a statement on deterioration of the situation in Donetsk region, Ukraine, issued in the early hours of Wednesday, February 1.
“The members of the Security Council condemned the use of weapons prohibited by the Minsk agreements along the contact line in Donetsk region that lead to deaths and injuries, including among civilians,” it said. The members of the Security Council expressed their full support for the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine and underlined the need for strict compliance with Resolution 2202 (2015), which endorsed the “Package of Measures for the Implementation of the Minsk Agreements.” The members of the Security Council called for an immediate return to a ceasefire regime, it said.
The UN Security Council met to consider the Donbas escalation issue behind closed doors on Tuesday, January 31.
Ukraine’s Mission to the UN tweeted that an open session of the UN Security Council on Donbas will be held on Thursday, February 2.
“UNSC and Ukraine as Prez as of tomorrow [February 1] will keep the situation in Donbas in the loop. Call for open session on Ukraine this Thursday 3 p.m. [22:00 Kyiv time],” it wrote on Twitter. Ukraine is taking over UNSC presidency for the month of February 2017.
Russian representatives to the Joint Center for Control and Coordination (JCCC) have provided written confirmation of guarantees of the ceasefire, Head of the Donetsk Military and Civil Administration Pavlo Zhebrivskiy wrote on Facebook, according to Unian.
Repair crews have already been deployed in locations where power lines had been damaged. A team of electricians from the militant-occupied territories also arrived at the scene. The scale of damage and the amount of restoration work required will be determined following proper assessment, Zhebrivskiy said.
the combined Russian-separatists forces repeatedly attacked Ukrainian positions in Avdiyivka’s industrial zone on January 29, the Anti-Terrorist Operation (ATO) Headquarters said. The enemy had to retreat, having sustained losses.
An Antonov An-26 transport aircraft of the Ukrainian Navy came under a small arms attack over the Black Sea, near the Odesa gas deposit, the crew was not injured, the plane was damaged by a bullet, Ukrainian Defense Minister Stepan Poltorak said, Joinfo.com reports with reference to Interfax-Ukraine.
“On February 1, during a practice flight in Ukraine’s exclusive (maritime) economic zone, near the Odesa gas deposit, an An-26 of the Ukrainian Armed Forces’ Navy came under a small arms attack from the oil rigs previously seized by the Russian Federation,” Poltorak wrote on his Facebook page.
“As a result of the shelling, the aircraft was damaged,” he said.
“The aircraft crew was not injured, the An-26 continued executing the flight mission,” Poltorak said.
Russia has not yet commented on the incident.