Earlier this week, a team of international investigators presented findings showing that the missile launcher used to shoot down MH17 over Eastern Ukraine in 2014 came from Russia and was returned there afterward – despite Russian denials of involvement in the conflict in Ukraine, Reuters reports.
Dutch Foreign Minister Bert Koenders said Russian reactions to the investigation’s findings “cast doubt on the integrity, professionalism and independence” of the investigators.
“The Russian Ambassador has been made to understand that such unfounded criticism is unacceptable,” the ministry said in a statement.
On September 28, Joint Investigation Team reported at a press conference that the airliner was hit by a Buk missile type 9M83, which had been imported from Russia into Ukraine and then transported back to the Russian territory.
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said in an interview with the BBC on Thursday that Russia has not seen “any proof” in the preliminary findings on the MH17 crash in JIT report.