From the very beginning, Russia has supported the idea of an exhaustive investigation into the July 2014 disaster and wanted to be a full-time participant of the investigative team, Peskov said, according to TASS information agency.
Kremlin spokesman expressed regret that Russia was not allowed to take part in the investigation, although it has been constantly providing information upon requests by the investigators.
Asked whether Russia accepts the results from the investigation, Peskov said these are only preliminary findings and the investigation will continue until 2018. “So we still have to wait until the final verdict.”
“There are still lots of unclear things. There are still lots of contradictions. And we all have to find answer to the contradictions,” he said.
“There was nothing to accept or deny,” Peskov said, stressing that these are preliminary findings. “We still have to investigate, we still have to continue investigation,” he said, stressing: “Unfortunately, we haven’t seen any proof.”
“We cannot accept as a final truth what they say. I bet you haven’t seen any proofs of the statements. We have to be very precise. It’s a very serious tragedy. We cannot operate only statements without any proofs, without any details,” Peskov said.
“We know the devil is inside those details and unfortunately we are still missing lots of the details,” he added.
It should be recalled that Joint Investigation Team reported at a press conference on Wednesday that the plane was hit by a Buk missile type 9M83, which had been imported from Russia into Ukraine and then transported back to the Russian territory.
According to JIT, that this fact is enough to suggest that Russian troops operated the launcher, but not self-sufficient enough to press charges.
It is the court that is to render the final decision on the matter, so it is necessary to clearly identify the suspects, a chain of subordination and transmission of orders, according to the investigators.